Pimples can appear between 3 and 5 weeks after a hair transplant and are among the conditions that can be found in the normal process. These pimples on the scalp can have different causes, so we should mention them one by one;
- Acne formation starts in the growth phase of the transplanted hair
- After a hair transplant, it is important to care for and keep the transplanted area clean. Failure to keep the transplanted area clean can lead to the growth of bacteria, which will cause inflammation of the scalp and acne. After the operation, the Aesthetic Consultants will inform you about the care to be applied correctly and regularly.
- There may be cases in which transplanted hair follicles struggle to grow out of the skin, and in these cases, they may grow into the skin (ingrown hairs) causing inflammation and acne.
- One of the reasons that can cause acne after hair transplantation is excessive sebum secretion by the sebaceous glands, which are distributed all over the skin surface.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ACNE?
There are different types of acne that occur after hair transplantation; these should be correctly distinguished and specific treatment applied accordingly.
As an aesthetic hair transplant clinic, our advisors will follow you after the process and give you all the information you need for treatment and care.
The various types of acne can be;
- folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicle); acne is caused by not keeping the transplanted area clean after the hair transplant.
- Mini pimples due to the extraction and opening of channels after hair transplantation. They can appear both in the nape of the neck where extraction takes place and in the recipient area where the bulbs are implanted
- cysts; Although this situation is rare, it occurs due to the human body’s reactions to the opening of canals. In this case, it is very important to contact our clinic.
- ingrown hairs; This is observed in cases where the transplanted hairs have difficulty coming out of the skin after surgery, causing acne and inflammation.
It is important to inform your doctor about acne occurring after a hair transplant. Even if there is nothing to worry about, one should not overlook it and ask the consultant about the treatment to be used.
The treatments are:
TOPICAL TREATMENT: In these situations, the doctor will recommend the use of antibiotic creams to block the formation of bacteria and eliminate the itching sensation.
ORAL ANTIBIOTICS: Although not preferred, it is recommended by the doctor when acne increases and becomes severe.
Although it is not possible to prevent acne after hair transplantation, there are some precautions that can be taken;
From the moment the hair transplantation process ends, we have to reduce hand contact with the hair.
Hair must be washed and cared for daily as recommended by your doctor.